November 13th, 2020 Coronavirus Updates:
Important notice to our Pediatrics South families:
As we move forward to navigate this new normal, our practice continues to follow updated recommendations from the CDC, AAP, and Allegheny County and Washington County Health departments concerning Coronavirus.
We have implemented the following policies to protect the safety of our patients and staff while providing the best possible care:
- All patients scheduled for any type of visit must call from the car upon arrival.
- We will be taking the temperatures of the patient and the person who will be present for the visit.
- Masks continue to be required at all times in the office, for all patients ages 2 years and above along with their accompanying adults.
- Each exam room is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between patients, as well as increased sanitizing throughout the practice for the safety of our families and staff.
- We have purchased HEPA & MERV filters and UV Cleansing Lamps to be used in all of the exam rooms and also the common areas.
In accordance with the recommendations from the CDC and the American Academy of Pediatrics, Pediatrics South will be encouraging visits via TELEHEALTH to address the needs of our patients and families. While not all visits can be managed through these video-based visits, many concerns and medical conditions can be addressed and managed.
Those patients with fever, cough, and known exposures to COVID-19, can use TELEHEALTH as an option to assess their overall respiratory status and discuss the symptoms with the provider. After the video-based assessment, they can then decide if further evaluation or referral is necessary. These visits are billed to your insurance company and no copay is currently being collected.
A few examples of common TELEHEALTH visits:
Medication checks, dermatologic conditions (acne, rashes, etc.), developmental concerns, allergies, constipation, irritable bowel symptoms, etc..
Please contact our office if you would like to schedule a TELEHEALTH visit.
TELEHEALTH visits are available Monday through Saturday and are provided by one of our own practitioners.
Currently, we are still not offering Walk-In visits as we are making every effort to manage the patient flow in the office and maintain proper social distancing.
We are asking patients to call to schedule all ill visits so that we may process the visits ahead of time. As previously described, please call the office when you arrive in the parking lot. A nurse will come out and bring the patient into the office.
Waiting in the car is a safe option.
We are taking these safety precautions for all of our patients and staff.
We continue to ENCOURAGE our patients to schedule their preventative care visits!
Thank you all for your cooperation and understanding during this unprecedented time.